Not every thought that bounces through my head deserves a full post… so here are 10 random thoughts about health and human performance.
1) Get your stress under control… its killing your will-power to make good nutritional decisions. http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/how-stress-makes-you-crave-food-and-store-fat
2) Shitty bacon sources are shitty because of the health of the animals… not because of the nitrates/nitrites in them. http://chriskresser.com/the-nitrate-and-nitrite-myth-another-reason-not-to-fear-bacon
3) Don’t be an askhole…
4) If you’re going to eat rice, then eat white rice. No, I don’t care how much fiber is in your brown rice…
5) You’re probably not sleeping enough and not spending enough time in the sun.
6) This woman is really smart, you should watch her youtube videos… https://www.facebook.com/foundmyfitness?ref=profile
7) While you have to be smart about it… sauna’s are an amazing tool to improve your health and performance. http://fourhourworkweek.com/2014/04/10/saunas-hyperthermic-conditioning-2/
8) Non-resistant starch seems to be helpful for people with screwed up guts but doesn’t seem to provide any added health benefit for people without GI issues.
9) There are 5 superfoods that I try to eat every day: Animal protein, sweet potatoes, avocado, coconut and kale.
10) We spend way too much time staring at computer screens… and its going to be a huge problem. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22850476